Information we collect and receive
- Information about your parking space. When Leasers list a parking space on KERB, we retain the information related to that parking space. This may include, but is not limited to, textual descriptions, photos and location details.
- Account and profile information. To use the KERB Service we require you to register an account. Basic information that we require of you includes your name, email address and mobile phone number. Having rented a parking space through KERB, Users will systematically rate their experience of dealing with a Leaser. This “rating” information, displayed in the form of a number and a heart icon, is made available to other Users and Leasers through the KERB website and apps.
- Billing information. If you wish to rent a parking space through KERB, we will require you to provide your credit card details and/or Stripe details. These details are provided directly to our 3rd party payment gateway, Stripe Payments, which are encrypted and are securely stored by Stripe. KERB does not hold credit card details for any of its Users. Leasers are required to provide their bank details and address to KERB, in order to receive payments. KERB shares contact details including phone number and installed application information with Stripe in order to provide a secure payment process.
- Log data. When you use KERB, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to KERB, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain message content and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using KERB on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. In order for the KERB Service to function properly, KERB automatically detects the GPS location of any mobile device accessing its platform. In addition, WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine the approximate location.
- KERB usage information. This is information about how you interact with the KERB website and apps.
- Communication content that you send and receive within KERB. This includes:
- The message content itself. This content can include messages, pictures, files and video among other types of files.
- When messages or files were sent and by whom, when or if they were seen by you, and where you received them (in a channel or direct message, for example).
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. KERB may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the KERB service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We collect usage data and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a unique KERB user.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through KERB or via email, SMS or text message.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails, particularly as they relate to a parking space booking. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we may send you certain marketing-related messages, from which you can opt out at any time.
Sharing and Disclosure
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect KERB and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or KERB; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so.
Erasure of your personal information
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a KERB account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information from that KERB account to prevent that user from opening a new KERB account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, KERB may keep information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
KERB is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
KERB Holdings Company Pty Ltd, Level 5, 320 Adelaide Street, Brisbane City, Queensland, 4000, Australia.